Friday, October 9, 2009

I Can't Win

.
.
.
I cannot help myself, I just have to reply to my husbands rant about me on his 80% Blog.
For the last 3 days, I have manically been sorting out the house. My Clutterholic confession in an earlier blog really shamed me to the core- so I decided to tidy up.
Our Tami 4 water machine arrived and needed some place on the counter-top, so I took it as a great opportunity to clean out the kitchen. I went through all 2 of the drawers, and tossed out some of the items I don't need (breathe..breathe...). I moved all the coffee/tea supplies to the closet above the Tami 4 and cleaned out at least another 5 cupboards. This is hard for me you know. Really.

Next day, I organized my office and I must say, it looks awesome. One of these days I will get to my +200 cookbooks, but I can't do everything.
So, yesterday, I bit the bullet and tackled the spare room. Now you should know, one cannot walk into that room. Period. It is the family garbage dump for the whole house. Blackpetero is constantly complaining about the mess, but just last week, HE dumped 4 (seriously) 4 garbage bags of blackdaughtero's shit in there, with nary a thought.
Poor blacknephewo, who has to sleep in that room when he visits from Tel Aviv, has had to gingerly climb over piles of stuff just to get to the bed. So it was time. I went through every piece of paper/school work that the kids have dumped in there for the last 9 years. I put all of Blacksono's old game boy, nintendo, game cube, playstation and xbox games into a giant box and returned them to his room. The consoles have not yet turned up, but am keeping an eye out. I consolidated about 8 drawers of unused beading supplies into one box, and hid the 60 balls of wool that I am currently not using. (its almost Winter so I will need to make a few scarves, right?). I returned the 4 bags of blackdaughtero's stuff to her room. Basically, I threw out 2 leaf and lawn sized garbage bags full of stuff, collected a box for charity, and 20 years of magazines are waiting for someone to deal with. (I just cannot- if I even look at them, I will keep them all).
By the end of the day, the room was lovely. The floor was entirely visible and all that was left was a box of art supplies, that I have yet to figure out where to put, a HUGE box of the husbands books and a collection of old eyeglasses.
Then I read BPO's blog this morning as well as his comments on MY last blog. I am dammed if I do and dammed if I don't. Who wears out of fashion glasses, even if there are 12 pairs? Seriously guys, I can't win.

4 comments:

  1. I'm crying for you inside, really I am. I wasn't even being mean, just making an anthropological observation. I'm observing behavioral norms and taking note of material culture, you know. It's all part of module 2 of Identifying Archaeological Evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only 2 people I know that have arguments via blog - very 21st century!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Olive, It's much quieter this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much quieter and nobody can deny having said something. "Me!!! I never said that!!"

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am not really mental. Just a tad A.D.D. Have no memory at all. Somewhat Bi-Polar. Apparently Co-Dependent. (but working on it :-) Oh, and Addicted to Anything Good. No kidding.